Develop plans for surface transportation projects, according to established engineering standards and state or federal construction policy. Prepare designs, specifications, or estimates for transportation facilities. Plan modifications of existing streets, highways, or freeways to improve traffic flow.
Design Manager Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Design Manager to join our team.
- Overseeing designers in design office;
- Aiding trainee with learning;
- Leading project meetings;
- Overseeing internal and external design teams;
- Tracking and reviewing design documentation;
- Value engineering of the project;
- Be familiar with, and demonstrate commitment to the requirements of the Health & Safety and Environmental Policies;
- Manage, mentor and develop junior team members and graduate engineers;
- Implement the relevant requirements of the Safety Management System within their area of responsibility;
- Coordination of numerous live projects;
- Prepare and attend tender meetings in a design capacity;
- Assisting the Design Lead(s) in the review of design resources and outputs;
- Internal liaison with the Construction Team, QA team and Cost Control;
- External liaison with HS2, Subcontractors / Suppliers and Stakeholders, close co-ordination with the Design Manager required;
- Work with the contracts manager and procurement team.
- Retail Management experience;
- Experience with project total cost of ownership (TCO);
- Experience working within the Medical Device industry, or a highly regulated environment may be an advantage but not a necessity;
- Experience working in a similar capacity for a contractor on a major project is required;
- Experience of out-sourced EMS manufacturing, most likely in Asia;
- Computer competence (MS Word, Excel, Document control system);
- Experience working as a MEP sub-contractor;
- know what good looks like in bid submissions and work winning and have hands on experience of delivering work-winning bids in a timely manner;
- Experienced in using Microsoft Office; comfortable using Excel;
- Previous experience working in a design management role;
- Full driving license;
- Multiple high-profile published console titles;
- You have built up realistic experience of how long design tasks take to conceptualise, design and test;
- Proven track record of successfully working on major M&E projects;
- The ability to identify project risks and recommend appropriate mitigations and contingencies.