Product Development Manager manages and coordinates product development projects. Evaluates and resolves technical feasibility, design optimization, and production issues. Being a Product Development Manager ensures that labeling and marketing/promotional literature match product specifications. Researches and monitors existing client base and industry developments and identifies potential new product opportunities. Additionally, Product Development Manager works with other departments to establish a design, technology, product development, and vendor strategy. Manages project budgets and prepares financial analysis reports for top management. May require a bachelor’s degree or in a related area. Typically reports to top management. The Product Development Manager manages subordinate staff in the day-to-day performance of their jobs. True first level manager. Ensures that project/department milestones/goals are met and adhering to approved budgets. Has full authority for personnel actions. Extensive knowledge of department processes. To be a Product Development Manager typically requires 5 years experience in the related area as an individual contributor. 1 to 3 years supervisory experience may be required.
Product Development Manager Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Product Development Manager to join our team.
- Understanding of new technologies, production methods and materials;
- Ensure new and existing products meeting market standards;
- Gather and collate feedback from product users and the Sales team;
- Prepare updates by presentation in weekly and monthly meetings;
- Identify and work with supply partners to produce prototypes and test functionality;
- Manage a small team of scientists, review internal protocols, lab-books, technical reports and organise batch review/shipment data as required;
- Visit existing and new supply partners to develop and review products, as well as identifying new opportunities;
- Managing product development from inception to completion;
- Helping develop new products;
- Define instructional literature for the use, service and maintenance of parts and accessories;
- Translate scope and requirements into tasks, schedule and assign tasks;
- Anticipate problems and seeking opportunities, will require prioritisation and fact-based solutions;
- Create and maintain comprehensive project documentation;
- Develop and maintain the delivery plans, whilst finding solutions which deliver a successful product to the market on time, cost and quality;
- Ensure that all projects are delivered on-time and within scope of specification, cost and quality.
- Industrial and Product Design;
- Project Management experience, evidence of product/fund change delivery;
- CAD skills – a good understanding of SolidWorks or similar software;
- An interest in consumer products;
- Strong track record of Product Development at a senior level operating to a level of autonomy;
- Good understanding of materials and manufacturing processes;
- A minimum of three years of relevant product development experience;
- Product Design o Product Design Technology;
- Strong Fixed Income knowledge/experience, equity and multi-asset would be advantageous;
- Can evidence strong business engagement, dealing with high levels of challenge from Investment, Distribution and overall business;
- Some experience and confidence in travel for supplier visits. Mostly Europe and Middle East;
- Ability to communicate requirements with clarity to suppliers;
- Experience within Bathrooms / Kitchens / Furniture product development highly desirable OR working with high-end products Hours: Mon-Fri 8.30am – 5pm;
- Team player with excellent project management skills;
- Able to communicate and influence to Managing Director and CTO level.