Plan, direct, or coordinate the training and development activities and staff of an organization.
Development Manager Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Development Manager to join our team.
- Appoint and coordinate external consultants;
- Lead negotiations with the Managing Director and work with the in-house Legal team;
- Health and safety responsibility; Checking the development daily for any health and safety risks and hazards;
- Supplier / Contractor management;
- Work with Product, PMO & Head of Engineering to plan and define upcoming sprints and key business deliverables;
- 50% active development within existing and new codebases distributed across teams;
- Undertaking feasibility appraisals and various financial analysis to identify viable development proposals;
- Identify and evaluate asset management and value creation initiatives;
- Manage complex developments from conception through to completion, leading the internal and external professional project teams;
- Define, agree and monitor KPIs/OKRs for the development team;
- Direct project team on the production of all relevant documentation to secure all necessary approval(s)/authorities to proceed with the development;
- Day to day line management of UK development staff;
- Highlight flaws in current process & work with Head of Engineering to resolve/improve;
- manage planning design to achieve brief and advise of significant deviations during pre-app process;
- assemble external consultant teams to deliver RIBA 2+ design for planning submissions.
- working through inception, feasibility, planning, procurement and construction;
- Bringing energy and commitment to all projects you are part of;
- Managing design and procurement through appointed professionals;
- Adding value into the development cycle by solving challenges with your expertise;
- Candidates must come from a software development background;
- Working on projects from inception and clarifying objections from the beginning of a process;
- Opensource API;
- AWS / Google Cloud / Kubernetes;
- Creation / Build of client products;
- Start Up environment experience;
- Hands on Full Stack Development;
- React OR Vue OR Flask;
- Machine Learning / Data / AI (Aritifical Intelligence) < Ideal not essential.