Plan, direct, or coordinate marketing policies and programs, such as determining the demand for products and services offered by a firm and its competitors, and identify potential customers. Develop pricing strategies with the goal of maximizing the firm’s profits or share of the market while ensuring the firm’s customers are satisfied. Oversee product development or monitor trends that indicate the need for new products and services.
Business Development Manager Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Business Development Manager to join our team.
- Managing margins across all customers and services to ensure target margin is achieved;
- Meet potential clients by growing, maintaining, and leveraging your network;
- Identify potential clients, and the decision makers within the client organisation;
- Successfully quote on customers’ requirements;
- To work cohesively with the Operations team to ensure we are responding to client/potential future client requirements;
- Visiting new and existing customers;
- Follow up on existing quotes;
- Maintain relationships with current clients and identify new prospects within the area you have been assigned;
- Identify new opportunities aligned with the regional plan and develop knowledge of target markets, customers and prospective projects;
- Act as point of contact for your clients and grow their business with us;
- Gather and review leads, briefs and tenders working with the team to prioritise the right upcoming expansion opportunities against a list of criteria;
- Monthly sales reporting detailing current sales growth and areas of opportunity;
- Manage a number of competitive pitches concurrently drafting persuasive and accurate content with tailored messages, often to tight deadlines;
- Provide monthly reports on designated services as required by the UK Account Manager;
- Travelling from time to time to customer sites providing a holistic engineered solution.
- Looking for a new challange to deliver results;
- Able to work extended hours as required;
- Must have the ability to work independently or as part of a team;
- Confident working with data with a good working knowledge of Excel and some PowerPoint;
- Be an ambitious, energetic and over-achieving individual who craves success;
- Strong excel, analytical and communication skills;
- At least 1 year in a B2B sales role, ideally within professional services;
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills;
- Run sector specific marketing campaigns to generate leads;
- Flexible and used to working under pressure;
- Confident presenting face to face;
- Awareness of the impact of regulations and FSA;
- A minimum of 1-3 years sales experience including IT and CyberSecurity consulting sales;
- Passionate and driven individual that wants to succeed through a methodical focused approach;
- Experience in a Business Development position, either within technical development or apprenticeships or ideally, both.