The Strategic Sales Director sets short- and long-term sales strategies and evaluates effectiveness of current sales programs. Directs and oversees an organization’s sales policies, objectives, and initiatives. Being a Strategic Sales Director requires a bachelor’s degree. Recommends product or service enhancements to improve customer satisfaction and sales potential. In addition, Strategic Sales Director typically reports to an executive. The Strategic Sales Director manages a departmental sub-function within a broader departmental function. Creates functional strategies and specific objectives for the sub-function and develops budgets/policies/procedures to support the functional infrastructure. Deep knowledge of the managed sub-function and solid knowledge of the overall departmental function. Working as a Strategic Sales Director typically requires 5+ years of managerial experience.
Director of Strategic Sales Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Director of Strategic Sales to join our team.
- Preparation of and execution to sales plans, events, campaigns;
- Deliver strong performance against required sales/revenue targets;
- Propose solutions of our suite of products to deliver quantifiable business value through an integrated relationship;
- Research and understand the prospective client’s business goals, objectives, and challenges;
- Communicate accurate and timely forecasts to multiple layers of leadership both internally and externally;
- Ability to communicate recommendations effectively to the appropriate level of leadership within a prospective company;
- Drive new business growth by selling solutions to large market commercial accounts based within the specified market.
- Ability to work with a remote hiring manager;
- Proven track record in selling in B2G and the ability to manage long complex sales cycle;
- 10+ years business development experience in complex software solution sales (strategic and hands on);
- Degree in Computer Science/IT/Electrical engineering or any relevant technical field;
- Presentation skills with the ability to deliver effectively and convincingly in a multicultural environment;
- Strong Leadership and Communication skills.