Sales Development Manager Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Sales Development Manager to join our team.
- Building strong professional relationships with new and existing clients across your allocated territory;
- Developing effective strategic growth plans;
- Utilising sales promotions and materials to drive sales;
- Gaining new business and maximising sales through a range of products;
- Managing current customer accounts and driving new business to create a successful territory;
- Identify development potential in related accounts by studying current business;
- Initiate sales process by building relationships with key customer personnel; qualifying potential and prioritize; scheduling appointments;
- Execute and/or coordinate bioreactor or filtration trials at customer facility;
- Regular customer visits to establish long lasting customer relationship;
- Hold product and scientific presentations, and represent GE at relevant conferences in your territory;
- Support closing sales by overcoming objections;
- Exploring actively new opportunities together with the respective Account Managers and follow up by setting meetings;
- Give applicative support including trouble shooting and answer customer queries of sophisticated technical and applicative nature;
- Lead technical and process related discussions with customer Subject Matter Experts;
- Active participation in internal and external training, e.g. technical lectures during customer seminars.
- To shadow Business Managers at a small numer of customer meetings per month, to develop personal sales skills and awareness of the market;
- Work with the Business Manager, supported by the Head of Business Development, to provide excellent support for customers, customers and partners;
- Own and achieve targets relating to New Bookings (£), Opportunity generation, successful dials and compliance to process;
- To attend Industry events that are relevant to your territory and own the continuation of engagements following these events.