Plan, direct, or coordinate the operations of public or private sector organizations. Duties and responsibilities include formulating policies, managing daily operations, and planning the use of materials and human resources, but are too diverse and general in nature to be classified in any one functional area of management or administration, such as personnel, purchasing, or administrative services.
Operations Director Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Operations Director to join our team.
- the development of the strategic direction of the team;
- identifying priorities, processes and commercial opportunities across governance, finance and operations;
- Be the primary contact with Point 74 for system development / upgrades;
- Dealing with day to day ad hoc requests and projects;
- Ensuring procurement and use of materials is cost effective;
- Create and inspire a culture of service excellence and a real sense of community;
- Responsible for ensuring high quality governance of all sites to include continuous development and improvement of internal systems and audits;
- Effectively manage the NPD process form start to finish;
- Ensuring the effective and efficient working of all performance reporting processes;
- Overall Operational management and responsibility of registered services and support services for the business;
- Establishing and develop business, team goals and long-term operational plans;
- Maintain the quality of care expected and be accountable for compliance. with regulations and sustainability for the future;
- Take on the role of company secretary and act as focal point for statutory governance requirements;
- Providing direct and in-direct leadership to a team of property and building professionals, having input into recruitment and professional development;
- Maintain and support the ISO9001-based quality system.
- Experience of developing an amazing customer journey and developing operational procedures;
- Regional Manager, Group Operations management or director experience within a 5-star leisure or hospitality business;
- Extensive safeguarding experience and knowledge;
- Ensure all aspects of organisation and processes are aligned for optimal performance;
- Understanding of the requirements of CQC and OFSTED;
- Ensure realisation of working capital goals;
- Ability and confidence to drive improvements in facilities and maintenance;
- Ability to add value, reduce costs and make business improvements;
- Progressive, innovative and able to manage change;
- Must have spent a significant portion of career within an own product manufacturing business;
- Market knowledge of the sector and areas of need and growth;
- Ideally Degree qualified or HNC/HND in Mechanical or Structural Engineering;
- Proven and demonstrable experience with people engagement;
- Self-motivated, enthusiastic, organised, confident and determined;
- Experience of managing both CQC registered and non-registered services.