The PR Director manages media relations, announcements, editorial placement, and speaking opportunities. Directs and implements a company’s public relations strategies. Being a PR Director develops press releases, white papers and supporting materials. Evaluates and authorizes all forms of communication regarding the organization for release to the public. In addition, PR Director requires a bachelor’s degree. Typically reports to top management. The PR Director manages a departmental sub-function within a broader departmental function. Creates functional strategies and specific objectives for the sub-function and develops budgets/policies/procedures to support the functional infrastructure. Deep knowledge of the managed sub-function and solid knowledge of the overall departmental function. Working as a PR Director typically requires 5+ years of managerial experience.
PR Director Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a PR Director to join our team.
- Analysing PR outcomes and interpreting data in to key insights;
- Presenting findings to clients and key stakeholders;
- Delegating to and managing a team of PR professionals;
- Strategic and commercial lead on key client accounts;
- Providing support for agency growth and development of new business pipeline, and actively seeking networking opportunities;
- Offering crisis management and counsel to clients;
- Overseeing PR campaigns from creative brief to implementation and delivery;
- Mentoring and motivating your team, and identifying training needs where required Champion the agency values and brand;
- Developing senior press relationships and managing contacts with key commentators, industry spokespeople and sector influencers;
- Liaise between departments and external clients;
- Assist in employee development opportunities and create development plans;
- Responsible for the communications strategy across a wide plethora of clients, including national and international interior brands;
- Create exciting and rewarding campaings within a fast-paced enironment;
- Team leader – nurture junior members of the team and act as a line-manager;
- Play a key role in building the company’s business and seeking out new opportunities.
- Ten years agency or in-house experience (B2B, preferably in technology PR) in senior position;
- Outstanding written, verbal and presentation skills;
- Excellent project management skills with strong organisational and planning skills;
- Exceptional interpersonal skills with the ability to negotiate and delegate;
- Keen networker, adept at building relationship with media, key influencers, commentators, spokespeople and industry stakeholders;
- Ability to analyse, interpret and present complex industry information to a range of audiences;
- Leadership and management skills;
- A proactive, commercially minded, individual, with a passion for technology;
- Track record of success with business development, and experience of winning new clients and pitching for business;
- Line management experience;
- Ideally degree educated within a relevant subject. This is not essential;
- Can-do attitude – assist different departments where needed within the company;
- Experience working with luxury lifestyle brands – desireable;
- Previous experience within an agency environment – desirable;
- Experience within a similar position.