The Product Marketing Manager analyzes brand performance, brand competitiveness, and product trends in the marketplace and develops strategies for assigned brand based on research and analysis. Manages, develops, and implements marketing activities to maximize sales of an assigned brand. Being a Product Marketing Manager may require a bachelor’s degree. Works with sales teams to identify and implement appropriate sales strategies. In addition, Product Marketing Manager typically reports to a senior manager. The Product Marketing Manager manages subordinate staff in the day-to-day performance of their jobs. True first level manager. Ensures that project/department milestones/goals are met and adhering to approved budgets. Has full authority for personnel actions. Extensive knowledge of department processes. Working as a Product Marketing Manager typically requires 5 years experience in the related area as an individual contributor. 1 to 3 years supervisory experience may be required.
Product Marketing Manager Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Product Marketing Manager to join our team.
- You will conduct market research, including market surveys that support the product positioning, marketing and development;
- Communicating marketing update and activity to the clients, group and sales teams;
- Create product content such as website copy and commercial presentations together with the Product and Sales teams;
- Create sales enablement content for each industry;
- Ensuring strong value propositions available for each product area, with a clear message on how this supports our overall value proposition;
- Event management and on-site presence at events both domestic and international;
- Partner with and coordinate a diverse group of stakeholders to inform product roadmaps, positioning, marketing strategy, and execution;
- Working alongside the Product team to take new products and developments to market;
- Work closely with the marketing team to support social media campaigns;
- Apply your in-depth understanding of our customers to act as a voice of the customer inside of Improbable;
- Collaborate with the marketing and product teams to generate strong momentum ahead of new product launches;
- Own and develop the go-to-market strategy to bring the products to market;
- Understand and document their buyers’ process and share findings with the wider teams;
- Work with the Brand Manager for Asia to improve product visibility and brand consistency;
- Overseeing the development and delivery of marketing strategy.
- Author and produce content;
- Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills;
- Proven record of partnering with Sales teams to help them achieve and surpass revenue targets;
- Event management experience a plus;
- A proactive, get stuck-in approach;
- Native speaker or highly proficient in written and spoken English with Italian a desirable;
- Minimum 2 years of marketing and content creation experience in a similar role;
- You’ll need to work well in cross-functional teams: pushing for team success and helping to identify / fill gaps when they occur;
- Knowledge of the Japanese/Asian/anime gaming scene would be highly beneficial, as well as language skills;
- Integrity, trustworthiness, flexibility and adaptability;
- Well organised and presentable;
- Analytical thinker;
- A passion and strong understanding of the digital advertising industry and our mission;
- Product / Solution Marketing;
- Price positioning.