Senior Finance Officer Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Senior Finance Officer to join our team.
- Manage Aged Creditors for the Guernsey Office and ensure invoices are posted correctly and paid within the agreed credit terms;
- First line of contact for Accounts Payable within the Guernsey Office and other jurisdictions;
- Work closely with Senior Finance Manager in Jersey and Guernsey, ensuring cross training is completed;
- Deliver constantly high quality service to internal and external clients;
- Ensure all tasks are completed as per the agreed timetable;
- Provide training to new staff;
- Manage and resolve day to day queries relating to Accounts Payable and control accounts.
- Logical and well organised;
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office, with good Excel skills;
- Solid understanding of the main accounting principles, ideally working towards a recognised accounting qualification;
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to liaise with both finance and non-finance individuals;
- Highly accurate with attention to detail;
- Ability to interpret Government guidance around grant funding;
- Excellent Excel skills, to include pivot tables, formulae and macros;
- Experience of school funding, to include schools funding formula.