Transport Controller Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Transport Controller to join our team.
- Ensure customer bookings and scheduling targets are achieved;
- Ensuring the adequate maintenance of vehicles is conducted in the correct manner;
- Direct driver management for around 15+ HGV drivers;
- Re-working of transport plans for around 30+ deliveries and night trunkers per shift;
- Managing tacho infringements and vehicle compliance in-line with VOSA regulations;
- Managing holiday allowance and general staffing issues;
- Deal with customer queries and complaints effectively, ensuring that good customer service is maintained;
- Dealing with driver queries appropriately and ensuring driver collections and deliveries are completed to schedule;
- Develop and maintain positive relationships with our customers;
- To carry out other tasks that may be required for the company from time to time;
- To answer the telephones in a timely and appropriate manner.
- CPC (International or National) would be strongly desirable;
- 2+ years experience in as a transport professional;
- Proven history of managing teams of 10+ would be ideal;
- A knowledge of transport planning would be advantageous on either a single or multi-drop basis;
- Experience with hands on driver management – tacho infringement management / ADR etc;
- Ability to commute to Derbyshire.