Fleet Controller Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Fleet Controller to join our team.
- Keeping accurate compliance records and ensuring successful completion of audits;
- Managing Fleet capacity and fleet insurance- first line of contact with Insurance for end to end to end claims handling/management;
- To assist Field Service staff with the movement of wagons into a suitable safe working area and in sourcing of spare parts to ensure speedy repairs;
- Running Motor vehicle cost reports for finance;
- Ensure fleet policy is up to date with current legislation;
- Advice and guidance to operators and managers on fleet compliance issues, van inspections and driver compliance;
- Create and maintain fleet files;
- To keep customers fully appraised of all stoppages i.e. progress, problems etc;
- Ensure all vehicle maintenance checks are up to date including MOT’s, road tax;
- To ensure final costs are submitted as required within a timely manner;
- Ensure efficient booking of vehicles using our approved garages and through 1 link to ensure minimum downtime and operational impact;
- Management & interrogation of costs relating to damage/fines/repairs/invoices/applications;
- Responsibility for the day to day operations of vehicle maintenance, service and repair;
- Full responsibility of accident management;
- To ensure wagons are released from cripple status once repaired.
- Ability to work independently and within a team;
- Strong IT skills including Microsoft office;
- GCSE Maths & English A-C or equivalent;
- Strong work ethic;
- Ability to prioritise and delegate where necessary.