Accountant/Book Keeper Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Accountant/Book Keeper to join our team.
- Payroll, bank payments and journal posting;
- External reporting including PAYE, P11D ONS surveys and industry specific returns;
- Maintenance of Fixed Asset register and monthly depreciation postings;
- Accounts Payable and ensuring correct postings of costs and purchase ledger, making payments as required;
- Expert on Sage line 50;
- Balance sheet account reconciliations;
- Preparation of monthly prepayment and accrual postings;
- VAT compliance and Submission of MTD;
- Deal with queries and correspondence including their clients and suppliers;
- Responsible for maintaining and preparing the financial records and preparing monthly management accounts;
- Ownership of Trial Balance;
- Accounts Receivable ensuring correct raising of sales invoices, chasing debt as required;
- Day to day invoice posting and filling;
- Regular engagement with company bankers, lawyers and outsourced service providers;
- Support the year-end audit and financial statement production process.
- Strong experience of double entry bookkeeping including accounts payable and receivable;
- Experience of working in a small business in a hands on management accounting role;
- Excellent communicator (both written and verbal) – able to liaise with various stakeholders;
- Part qualified ACA / ACCA or AAT OR Qualified by experience with over 5 years relevant Bookkeeping experience;
- Experience of working in a sole charge accounting role including VAT compliance and submission;
- Sage Line 50 experience or other accountancy software.