Office Services Assistant performs various office administrative support duties, including handling mail, answering phones, filing, and word processing. Operates office equipment and refills supplies as needed. Being an Office Services Assistant may perform other minor duties, including distributing petty cash, ordering supplies and backing up receptionist. May act as an onsite coordinator for contractors, building security, and other service providers. Additionally, Office Services Assistant typically requires a high school diploma or its equivalent. Typically reports to supervisor. The Office Services Assistant gains or has attained full proficiency in a specific area of discipline. Works under moderate supervision. To be an Office Services Assistant typically requires 1-3 years of related experience.
Office Services Assistant Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Office Services Assistant to join our team.
- Stock taking;
- Operate the mail room franking machine by providing an efficient mailing service;
- Encouraging liaisons with other colleagues and maintain a good client relationship;
- Greeting, welcoming clients and visitors, directing and announcing visitors appropriately;
- Assisting line manager with varied tasks;
- Maintain security by following procedures and controlling access by monitoring the visitor logbook;
- Booking meeting rooms through online system;
- Provide assistance throughout the office and specifically in the kitchen and 24 vending area;
- Monitoring and maintaining office equipment;
- Respond to emails and office correspondence.
- The ability to manage an often very busy reception/switchboard efficiently;
- Previous general office experience – essential;
- Previous reception or customer service experience is essential;
- A proactive and autonomous mind-set, able to work flexibly and without immediate supervision;
- PC skills (e.g. Microsoft Office) are essential.