Compile and record employee time and payroll data. May compute employees’ time worked, production, and commission. May compute and post wages and deductions, or prepare paychecks.
Payroll Administrator Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Payroll Administrator to join our team.
- Preparation of monthly payroll;
- Administering the pension scheme, ensuring it’s kept up to date at all times;
- Processing payrolls accurately and efficiently;
- Processing starters and leavers, employee changes and statutory payments/deductions;
- Day to day control of client’s accounts, ensuring complete and accurate processing of payrolls;
- Regular review of pension arrangements, student loans, SMP, SPP, SSP and other key elements of the payroll;
- Good communication skills (written & verbal);
- Review data feeds from the clocking in system ensuring fixed data changes are made in the payroll system and data remains consistent;
- Submit Payroll for care workers (4 weekly payroll submission week);
- Assisting the HR team when required;
- Taking calls regarding payroll queries and distribute/resolve;
- Imputing information relating to P45/P46;
- Weekly, monthly and quarterly payrolls, for clients with up to 500 (or more) employees;
- Providing payroll services to clients on a weekly or monthly basis via our Sage Payroll Bureau, involving end to end processing of payroll data;
- Ensure integrity of confidential name detail information.
- Advanced application of MS Excel and data manipulation skills, together with the ability to meet deadlines;
- Previous knowledge of Crown system advantageous;
- Have good knowledge of payroll software;
- Intermediate excel including VLOOKUP’s and Pivot Tables;
- Ability to work accurately to set deadlines;
- Experience working with Sage;
- Work independently and as part of a team;
- Good IT skills, intermediate level of Excel is essential;
- Excellent communication skills (both written and oral) with clients and staff;
- Responsible for ensuring that all deductions from employees pay are accurate;
- Ability to get stuck in and be pro-active;
- High level of accuracy;
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office, in particular Excel;
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills;
- Basic knowledge of HR would be an advantage.