Compile and record employee time and payroll data. May compute employees’ time worked, production, and commission. May compute and post wages and deductions, or prepare paychecks.
Payroll Assistant Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Payroll Assistant to join our team.
- Processing new starters and leavers;
- Working as part of the BCG payroll team in the support and maintenance of the HR computer systems;
- Working as part of The Bedford College Group (BCG) payroll team in running the monthly payroll;
- Calculate all overtime, absences and annual leave ensuring accurate information is received and authorised by departmental managers;
- Become adept in all aspects of Gensler time and attendance system including the importing of time into the payroll system;
- Inputting mileage and expense claim forms;
- To assist in the gross to net payroll operation for all employees including mileage and expense claims and people receiving a pension;
- PAYE/ National Insurance/ C I S, N E S T pensions;
- Managing the submission of client payroll data;
- Processing payroll in line with bank receipts and worker contracts;
- Calculate holidays, sickness and bonus payments;
- Using excel spreadsheets & Navision;
- Speaking to workers and agencies on the phone, dealing with queries;
- Liaising with USA global payroll manager;
- Run and occasionally oversee a complex monthly payroll for 1000 staff.
- English and Maths GCSE (A – C) or equivalent (Level 2);
- Iris or Star system knowledge;
- Excellent IT skills;
- Team working;
- A minimum of two years’ experience of payroll processing;
- Excellent numeracy skills;
- An ability to process a payroll from start to finish;
- Proven administrative experience.