Compile and record employee time and payroll data. May compute employees’ time worked, production, and commission. May compute and post wages and deductions, or prepare paychecks.
Payroll Specialist Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Payroll Specialist to join our team.
- Managing customer queries in writing and verbally;
- Provide support for external and internal audit review for local unit activities;
- Checking and processing of weekly payroll, documenting errors for KPI monitoring, adhering to control and audit requirements;
- All relevant outputs are accurately produced and delivered on time to onward users (e.g. HMRC, Finance, Sites);
- Responsible for ensuring all payrolls are completed accurately and on time ;
- Complete financial reporting for all global payrolls monthly;
- Updating and maintaining payroll records as requested by the business;
- Consolidating the payroll;
- Maintain a well organised and timely filing process for payroll records and other related documentation;
- To support the payroll manager in their absence for specialist or urgent queries that may arise;
- Review and resolve any individual queries to ensure they are answered, and anomalies dealt with at a first line level;
- Ensure that requested variations to payroll are made i.e. starters, leavers, legislative changes;
- General administration tasks where required;
- Ensuring that new starter’s audits are processed daily;
- Log any special details including holiday, SSP and maternity / paternity.
- Experience with payroll software;
- Knowledge of global mobility processes would be beneficial;
- An exceptional eye for detail as well as a proactive and methodical approach to work;
- Ownership and accountability – make decisions to resolve immediate issues;
- Excellent computer skills including Excel and Outlook;
- Outstanding communicator and a solution focused problem solver;
- A sense of urgency in solving inquiries and requests to ensure timely resolution and an ability to work effectively under pressure;
- A proven track record within payroll experience within payroll is essential for this position;
- Problem solving skills – you are a natural problem solver who is adaptable and can embrace change;
- The ability and full confidence in producing reports across all areas of the business;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in order to communicate with customers, peers, and vendors;
- Excellent PC skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint);
- An effective team player with a willingness to learn;
- The ability to Coach, Mentor, Develop and inspire;
- Ability to adapt to change and to identify continuous business improvement opportunities.