The Welder/Fabricator I interprets blueprints, specifications, diagrams or schematics to determine appropriate welding process. Joins, fabricates, and repairs metal and other weldable material by applying appropriate welding techniques and operating various welding devices. Being a Welder/Fabricator I is familiar with and complies with all safety requirements and protocols for working in a hazardous environment. Inspects completed welds to determine structural soundness. In addition, Welder/Fabricator I may be required to complete an apprenticeship and/or formal training in area of specialty. Requires a high school diploma or its equivalent. Typically reports to a supervisor or manager. Being a Welder/Fabricator I gains or has attained full proficiency in a specific area of discipline. Works under moderate supervision. Working as a Welder/Fabricator I typically requires 1-3 years of related experience or may have 0 years of experience plus an associates degree, or additional training, or certification.
Fabricator Welder Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Fabricator Welder to join our team.
- Liaising with other departments;
- Ensuring a clean and tidy work space;
- Ensuring deadlines are met;
- Carrying out quality control as per quality plan;
- Undertake Risk assessments and LOLERs for activities to be undertaken;
- Other duties as required;
- Fabrication and welding of steel stairs, balustrades, walkways and steel structures;
- Working from technical drawings;
- Adhering to and aim to improve health and safety policies and procedures;
- Maintain the high quality products that the company produce;
- Working to timescales;
- Must have at least 3 years’ experience working as a fabricator/welder on a range materials;
- Welding various items such as guards and brackets;
- Must be punctual and have good work ethic;
- Duties to include the use of hand tools, pistol drills, riveters, MIG welders, and Oxy – Acetylene torches.
- Transfer knowledge & experience;
- Experience in general fabrication, welding both mild & stainless steel (Mig & Tig);
- Experience with the manufacture of staircase & balustrades;
- Interpret drawings accurately;
- Read engineering drawings;
- experience of sheet metal work;
- At least 2 years’ experience working within a similar role;
- Able to work from engineering drawing with minimal supervision;
- MIG/TIG experience;
- The ideal candidate will have experience of working in a Manufacturing environment;
- Ability to work as part of a small team;
- Must be able MIG weld to a high standard;
- Work efficiently under pressure and to work on multiple projects simultaneously.