Cashiers process payments from customers purchasing goods and services.
Cashier Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Cashier to join our team.
- Downloading direct receipts from internet banking, posting to the tenant records and maintaining cash sheets for all client bank accounts;
- Recording cheques, posting to the tenant records and preparing paying in slips to be collected by courier;
- Proactive approach to risk management ensuring risks are minimised and any issues are reported and resolved promptly;
- To identify and allocate incoming monies;
- Maintaining a high level of customer service, meeting all SLA’s internally and externally;
- Complete daily bank reconciliations for level 1 accounts;
- To ensure full compliance and control of Client’s monies;
- Assist the Treasury Compliance team with bank reconciliations, investigating outstanding items and resolving queries;
- Navigate and utilise the banking software and understand the internal transfer controls to direct funds to the correct client bank account;
- Actively work with other teams in PMA in resolving queries;
- Make payments of rent to our Clients in a timely manner in accordance with client instructions;
- Assist with cash allocation of Client’s funds over multiple systems;
- To update cashier records and maintain reports used for escalation.
- Previous accounts experience, including the operation of computerised accounting systems would be an advantage;
- Intermediate Microsoft Excel and Outlook skills;
- GCSE’s (Grade A – C) including Maths and English, or equivalent;
- Ability to initiate improvements across all aspects of the administrative duties;
- Experience of different banking software, utilising functions to extract information;
- Knowledge of principles, practices and regulations relating to the handling of clients monies in the UK;
- Advanced Microsoft knowledge.