The Manager of Distribution ensures distribution staff deliver efficient operations and timely deliveries to meet distribution performance goals. Manages the distribution of products, parts, and inventory. Being a Manager of Distribution direct warehouse operations including transportation, maintenance and order management. Analyze existing processes and propose improvements and new methods to control costs and enhance customer satisfaction. In addition, Manager of Distribution may require an associate’s degree. Typically reports to a head of a unit/department. The Manager of Distribution manages subordinate staff in the day-to-day performance of their jobs. True first level manager. Ensures that project/department milestones/goals are met and adhering to approved budgets. Has full authority for personnel actions. Extensive knowledge of department processes. Working as a Manager of Distribution typically requires 5 years experience in the related area as an individual contributor. 1 to 3 years supervisory experience may be required.
Distribution Manager Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Distribution Manager to join our team.
- Manage the warehouse and distribution centre;
- Ensure that the warehouse operation is compliant to quality standards;
- Liaise with internal teams to achieve company goals;
- Lead and deliver logistics projects;
- Manage distribution partners.
- Experience of leading and developing teams;
- Experience leading a team;
- Experience in international logistics and/or distribution in global markets;
- Strong decision making skills;
- Extensive distribution management experience;
- Excellent IT skills with experience using Microsoft;
- Experience of working in Lean/Manufacturing Excellence environment;
- Strategic thinker;
- Degree level qualification or equivalent experience;
- Knowledge of supply chain management techniques.