The Logistics Operations Manager creates procedures for logistics management to optimize product workflow and minimize cost. Manages and plans for logistics policies, objectives, and initiatives. Being a Logistics Operations Manager typically requires a bachelor’s degree. Has responsibilities for vendor selection and negotiation, distribution, transportation, and inventory control. In addition, Logistics Operations Manager typically reports to a senior manager. The Logistics Operations Manager manages subordinate staff in the day-to-day performance of their jobs. True first level manager. Ensures that project/department milestones/goals are met and adhering to approved budgets. Has full authority for personnel actions. Extensive knowledge of department processes. Working as a Logistics Operations Manager typically requires 5 years experience in the related area as an individual contributor. 1 to 3 years supervisory experience may be required.
Logistics Operations Manager Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Logistics Operations Manager to join our team.
- good vision, good hearing, and mobility.
- Strong experience and knowledge of Health & Safety within logistics operations – you must hold IOSH certification;
- Transport Manager CPC;
- Excellent people management experience and abilities – capable of motivating, inspiring and supporting your team;
- Strong IT skills/capabilities;
- Previous managerial experience gained within a logistics/distribution environment – warehousing, transport;
- Strategic leadership ability, coupled with experience in long-term planning to accommodate growth opportunities;
- Previous experience within the furniture industry will be an advantage;
- Can identify areas where change of process or procedure can benefit the business and improve customer service;
- Knowledgeable in H&S requirements;
- Educated to GCSE standard or above;
- Understanding of multi-user environment;
- Reporting of KPIs;
- Experience in managing minimum 15 staff;
- Meets deadlines;
- Can contribute ideas and suggestions to team meetings.