Logistics General Manager Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Logistics General Manager to join our team.
- Create KPI’s to manage performance and productivity adopting new techniques and processes where necessary;
- Drive a culture of progression, motivation and development of all Distribution Centre staff;
- Contribute and drive a cultural shift throughout existing and incoming operational team;
- Be responsible for all Warehousing and Transport activities on site across a Monday – Friday operations;
- Report to the Managing Director (or similar);
- Manage and liaise with existing site customers, across 3 key client accounts;
- Develop strategy to advance the business in the marketplace, efficiency and staff engagement;
- Actively seek operational improvements to benefit both existing and new customers;
- Be the spearhead for Health and Safety operational excellence within the site;
- Manage the relationship between the business and various 3rd party suppliers.
- Have worked across Warehousing operations previously, with a basis understanding of Transport operations required;
- Knowledge of new site start ups and contract implementations;
- Have managed teams in directly of over 30+ people;
- Demonstrate the ability to develop team members and creating an inclusive culture;
- Have a good understanding of Health & Safety awareness and had previous responsibility at site lead level;
- Be within a commutable distance of Leicestershire;
- A Logistics Distribution and Supply Chain background;
- Be able to evidence the implementation of a KPI suite;
- Have worked for a 3PL business previously – Essential;
- A CPC qualification would be advantageous;
- A minimum of 3 years experience at a Senior Operations Manager / Depot Manager / Site Manager / General Manager level;
- Owner of, and adherence to, operational budgets of c. £4M.