Logistics Manager manages and plans for logistics policies, objectives, and initiatives. Creates procedures for logistics management to optimize product workflow and minimize cost. Being a Logistics Manager has responsibilities for vendor selection and negotiation, distribution, transportation, and inventory control. Typically requires a bachelor’s degree. Additionally, Logistics Manager typically reports to a senior manager. The Logistics Manager manages subordinate staff in the day-to-day performance of their jobs. True first level manager. Ensures that project/department milestones/goals are met and adhering to approved budgets. Has full authority for personnel actions. Extensive knowledge of department processes. To be a Logistics Manager typically requires 5 years experience in the related area as an individual contributor. 1 to 3 years supervisory experience may be required.
Logistics Manager Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Logistics Manager to join our team.
- Train staff in logistics process and corresponding transactions in the company ERP system;
- Ensure all Logistics areas are Health and Safety compliant;
- Manage daily activities of goods in, storage areas management, kitting for in house shops, pick, pack, goods despatch and stock checking;
- Build and maintain relationships with key stakeholders within the supply chain;
- Ensure all business is conducted in accordance with company procedures;
- Managing operational margins;
- Updating our system on any delays, reallocating stock when availability is limited, and notifying any affected customers;
- Ensure legal and regulatory compliance as it pertains to logistics;
- Manage and coordinator skills essential;
- Approximately £50m shipment value;
- Purchasing and procurement;
- Develop strategies to improve stock management policies and ensure a lean supply chain;
- Maintenance of all roastery equipment;
- Ensure appropriate shipping methods are used challenging costs;
- Minimise lead times.
- Basic knowledge of transport regulations such as CMR, IMO, IATA, ADR, IMDG;
- An analytical mind-set with a good understanding of reporting and recording performance statistics;
- A focus on promoting a culture where all employees are engaged;
- Customs knowledge;
- Looking to drive forward the company with positive change;
- Ability to work with challenging people from all walks of life;
- The ability to solve problems, be flexible and make decisions;
- Good knowledge of Manufacturing Computer systems ideally including SAP;
- Must be able to work and travel to offices based in Hemel Hempstead;
- A strong motivation to work inside a prison;
- Maturity, assertiveness and listening skills;
- Material planning systems to include MRP, Demand Forecasting, production Scheduling and Inventory Management;
- A logical and systematic approach to work;
- A passion for coffee;
- An extremely keen eye for detail and planning.