Warehouse Manager manages all warehouse activities. Oversees all receiving and distribution operations. Being a Warehouse Manager plans and monitors optimal space utilization and efficient inventory flow. Typically requires a bachelor’s degree or its equivalent. Additionally, Warehouse Manager typically reports to a head of a unit/department. The Warehouse Manager manages subordinate staff in the day-to-day performance of their jobs. True first level manager. Ensures that project/department milestones/goals are met and adhering to approved budgets. Has full authority for personnel actions. Extensive knowledge of department processes. To be a Warehouse Manager typically requires 5-7 years experience in the related area as an individual contributor.
Warehouse Manager Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Warehouse Manager to join our team.
- Promote an efficient working environment, encouraging and driving our section leaders to utilize the workspace in a smart, safe and structured manner;
- Champion a safe working environment, ensures Health & Safety is adhered to across the site and on all shifts;
- Manage all incoming jobs/requests;
- Ensure all work is both H&S & CSR compliant;
- Attend, lead and contribute to weekly event meetings in order to plan workload for warehouse;
- Build and develop a successful working warehouse team;
- Prepare staff contracts;
- Lead training sessions on all systems to all levels of colleagues;
- Deal with any disciplinary and grievance issues;
- Ensuring the DC have processed shipments and met agreed deadlines;
- Engage fully in delivery of the Site Task List/CI projects as detailed and instructed through DM Weekly Review forum;
- Control of line loading activities in main production areas;
- Managing the control of inbound and outbound goods;
- Responsible for writing and updating relevant warehouse documentation as required;
- Ensure all customer returns, supplier returns and specials are processed in a timely fashion and in line with process.
- Provide direction and leadership to the warehouse team (6 direct reports), ensuring achievement of productivity, quality and financial targets;
- Ensure that customer orders are managed efficiently and accurately;
- Immediately available;
- Previous Warehouse Management and Logistics experience;
- Have managed in excess of 40+ staff previously;
- Have experience of LEAN methodologies;
- Champion continuous improvement, working in line with 5S principles;
- An auto and manual driving licence;
- You MUST have experience of managing teams of 20+ staff;
- Ability to communicate appropriately both verbally and in written and electronic forms with all levels of business;
- Working knowledge of 5S Standards and Health and Safety management;
- Fork Lift truck licence required;
- Keen eye for detail;
- Ensuring 5S methodology is followed and in line with standard guidelines;
- Previous Supervisory/Management experience within a warehouse environment is essential.