HGV Night Driver Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a HGV Night Driver to join our team.
- Be comfortable pulling back curtains and dealing with pallets;
- Communicate with the transport office;
- Complete daily defect reports for vehicles;
- Be able to ratchet strap a double decker curtainsider;
- Have good customer skills as you will be client facing;
- Performing pre and post vehicle checks in accordance with company policy and reporting any defects found;
- To operate an HGV2 vehicle and where possible help the operator carry out the drainage work;
- Drivers must work well within a team;
- Drivers must follow all company safety policies and procedures.
- Full CPC;
- Customer Service;
- Previous HGV2 experience desired but not essential. New pass drivers will be accepted;
- PPE Required. Hi Vis vest and safety boots;
- Digi Card;
- Good knowledge of driving rules and regulations;
- Securing loads experience;
- Would need to have own transport or live local to Winchester as site does not have local commuter links;
- Clean licence is desired;
- C+E Licence;
- Drivers would need to be able to work from 16.30 – 03.00;
- Some manual handling would be needed for the drainage equipment.