Sell business goods or services, the selling of which requires a technical background equivalent to a baccalaureate degree in engineering.
Sales Engineer Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Sales Engineer to join our team.
- You’ll manage the full sales and quotation process for individual clients;
- Respond to functional and technical elements of RFIs/RFPs;
- Deliver on site equipment demonstrations and arrange for trials at customers’ sites;
- Participate in regional/national trade shows;
- Provide automation solutions to improve the productivity of internal logistics and industrial automation;
- Process sales orders from initial enquiries to completion of the sale;
- Build relationships with existing and new customers to create a continuous pipeline of orders;
- Producing quotations in accordance with specifications/schedules;
- Understand technical engineering drawings to ensure the most appropriate solutions are sought for the customer;
- Help to build close relations with customers and suppliers;
- Paying attention to customer value, price, delivery time, payment conditions, bank guarantees;
- Provide feedback to R&D/Engineering for process or product improvements;
- Secure and grow revenue within a select region;
- Growing sales across multiple market sectors;
- KPI driven with required data on time and complete in our CRM – S.F.D.C.
- Excellent Customer Service experience;
- Academically – good Mathematical and English , Science is useful but not essential;
- Proficiency in creating detailed solution schematics that are not only technical, but are also clear to a non-technical audience;
- Confident and patient approach with Customers;
- API / Scripting knowledge;
- Experience with target driven sales;
- Ability to build and maintain strong customer relationships;
- Fluent in English and French;
- Highly Organised;
- Tinkering with hardware gadgets, sensors, or vehicles is a plus;
- Bachelor’s Degree and/or equivalent business or technical education require;
- Engineering/ Building Services experience or a keen interest in the Construction/Engineering;
- New Business sales experience;
- Ability to travel within own territory, often to remote industrial locations, at short notice;
- Able to work within a team.