The Telesales Representative I receives orders, and closes deals of company products or services. Makes and receives calls with the intent of promoting or selling company products or services. Being a Telesales Representative I may respond to customer inquiries by following standard scripts and procedures. Identifies prospects and tracks sales activities in the computer-based systems. In addition, Telesales Representative I selling is the focus of this position. May require an associate’s degree. Typically reports to a supervisor or manager. Being a Telesales Representative I possesses a moderate understanding of general aspects of the job. Works under the close direction of senior personnel in the functional area. May require 0-1 year of general work experience.
Telesales Representative Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Telesales Representative to join our team.
- Enter and update customer information in the database;
- Contact potential or existing customers to inform them about a product or service;
- Direct prospects to the field sales team when needed;
- Keep records of calls and sales and note useful information;
- Ask questions to understand customer requirements and close sales;
- Building relationships with new and existing customers;
- Upselling and recognising opportunities;
- Processing customer orders;
- Dealing with customer queries;
- Answering inbound calls;
- Informing customers of any special offers;
- Working towards targets and achieving your goals.
- Good knowledge of relevant computer programs and telephone systems;
- Cool-tempered and able to handle rejection;
- Proven experience as telesales representative or other sales/customer service role;
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills;
- Preferably knowledge on a wide range of sectors;
- Proficiency in English;
- Working knowledge of relevant computer programs (e.g. CRM software) and telephone systems;
- Excellent communication, negotiation and presentation skills;
- Persistent and results-oriented;
- Proven track record of successfully meeting sales quotas preferably over the phone.