The Senior Geotechnical Engineer is responsible for geological mapping, report writing, site characterization, numerical modeling and analysis of excavations/supports. Prepares and inspects projects involving drilling and exploration. Being a Senior Geotechnical Engineer typically reports to a supervisor or manager. Requires a bachelor’s degree. Working as a Senior Geotechnical Engineer typically requires 4 to 7 years of related experience. Contributes to moderately complex aspects of a project. Work is generally independent and collaborative in nature.
Senior Geotechnical Engineer Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Senior Geotechnical Engineer to join our team.
- Monitor project performance against contracts/project quality plans and take necessary corrective action if required;
- Act as Deputy for Section Leader if required;
- Acts as project manager for multiple projects, assigning staff and tasks. Monitors budget and schedule;
- Apply procedures and systems to ensure the safety of staff, and others, affected by the operations of Tata;
- Develop the team of geotechnical engineers through training initiatives and CPD;
- Assists other professionals with technical training, proposals, resource planning, invoices and marketing;
- Independently evaluates and develops soil design parameters;
- Assist in the development of staff to ensure the geotechnical skills are available within the Geo-environmental department to meet business objectives;
- Take a Lead Engineer and CRE role on Projects;
- Assists with continuing development of inter-company and Client contacts;
- Lead projects on behalf of clients as directed;
- Attends client meetings and performs client-related project administrative tasks;
- Produces and checks engineering and consultancy reports prior to final review by more senior staff;
- Leading a team of engineers;
- Independently supervises, selects, performs and checks standard engineering analyses.
- Experience in undertaking impact assessments on utilities, infrastructure and third party structures;
- Experience in producing specifications for site investigation works and testing;
- Experienced, chartered engineer (either ICE of IStructE);
- Experience in dealing with contaminated ground conditions including specification of remediation;
- Knowledge of CAD Civils 3D is desired but not required;
- Experience writing Earthworks and foundation designs;
- 1st degree in Civil Engineering, Geotechnical Engineering, Engineering Geology or Geology;
- Chartered with the ICE;
- Interpretation of Ground investigations;
- Full UK driving licence;
- Will have proven previous experience of undertaking: geotechnical desk studies; procuring & supervising Ground Investigations (GIs);
- Experience of the management of projects, both financially and technically;
- Degree in Civil Engineering or equivalent in education and experience;
- Appropriate experience in design, contract and tender preparation, tender assessment, site supervision and administration;
- Computer literacy including use of spreadsheets and databases.