Senior Quantity Surveyor (Civil/Groundworks) Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Senior Quantity Surveyor (Civil/Groundworks) to join our team.
- All elements of Tendering, appointments and contract Administration for Civil Engineering and Groundworks Contractors;
- Preparation of procurement documents for all Civils across all Housing Projects;
- Managing subcontract packages and overseeing payments to subcontractors, suppliers and consultants along with normal QS duties;
- Specific experience of working in large Civil Engineering projects, including Bridges & D&B projects;
- Reporting on budgets and variations;
- Challenge the design team in respect of all aspects of Civil Engineering designs;
- Experience of dealing and liaising with Utility providers including, ESB, Irish Water, Bord Gais etc;
- Undertake monthly internal valuations and production of monthly cost reports for Civils packages;
- Experience of Principal civils methods of measurement and standard specifications – including ARM, CESMM and NRA/TII documents.
- Good IT skills with competency at Build soft, Cost-ex or equivalent, Mudshark, Microsoft Word and Excel;
- A willingness to attend training and to develop relevant knowledge, techniques and skills;
- 7+ yrs. Post-Graduate experience in PQS or Civil Contractors office.