Senior Graphics Programmer Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Senior Graphics Programmer to join our team.
- Assisting with planning and scheduling of rendering tasks;
- Adding support for next generation platforms;
- Help evangelize and facilitate the sharing of successful graphics approaches from the game projects across Rockstar’s studios;
- Profiling and optimising existing graphics code;
- Mentoring junior team members;
- Work with others to expand our next-generation graphics pipeline including advanced lighting and rendering techniques, and special effects;
- Working with other team members to add new rendering features to all current platforms;
- Implementing new graphics techniques.
- Experience with 3D graphics APIs (Direct3D 11+, vendor specific and/or OpenGL);
- Experience with multithreaded programming;
- Excellent programming skills in C/C++;
- Experience in identifying bottlenecks and optimizing existing / future rendering code;
- Ability to debug engine level code;
- Experience optimizing both performance factors and memory footprints using hardware and software profilers (PIX, GCM Replay, Tuner, Vtune, etc.);
- Good grounding in graphics theory and math;
- At least one shipped console or PC title; preferably on the Xbox and/or Playstation consoles;
- Significant knowledge of how to take advantage of the Graphics Processing Units;
- Knowledgeable in variety a of special FX techniques;
- Excellent HLSL, Cg or other vendor specific shading language skills;
- Ability to research existing approaches and adapt those to new or modified uses.