Install, configure, and support an organization’s local area network (LAN), wide area network (WAN), and Internet systems or a segment of a network system. Monitor network to ensure network availability to all system users and may perform necessary maintenance to support network availability. May monitor and test Web site performance to ensure Web sites operate correctly and without interruption. May assist in network modeling, analysis, planning, and coordination between network and data communications hardware and software. May supervise computer user support specialists and computer network support specialists. May administer network security measures.
Network Manager Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Network Manager to join our team.
- Work as a team with the IT Technician, to provide ICT hardware and software support either by;
- Overall responsibility for the network infrastructure and related ICT service provision to users in the School;
- DWDM Network (MRV/ADVA ROADM);
- Working for customers and carriers to provision connectivity;
- Monitoring systems (eg. Nagios/Opsview/Cacti);
- Be a point of contact for contractors working for, or on behalf of the client;
- Layer3 IP Network (Juniper MX);
- Have some knowledge of systems automation (e.g. Ansible/Chef/Puppet);
- Be a point of contact and escalation for other members of the department for more complex technical or network issues;
- Layer 2 Network (Juniper Core Switches & Firewalls, HP/Aruba Switches);
- Customer facing systems (Web Servers/Request Tracker/Customer Portal);
- Ideally have some basic knowledge of scripting/programming (PHP, HTML, Java, C#);
- Work with 3rd party connectivity providers and the FM department.
- ITIL working environments;
- Project experience;
- Endpoint Security;
- Stakeholder management;
- Cisco Networking;
- An interest and the ability to keep up to date on advancements in IS;
- A background in education would be useful but not essential. (A Microsoft MCSE or MCSA qualification would be desirable but is not required);
- Microsoft operating systems for desktops and servers;
- A proven track record in the use of effective personal communication skills at a variety of levels within an organisation;
- Network management solutions;
- IT professional who enjoys deploying, managing and supporting IT solutions in a creative and innovative way;
- Physical network technologies including management of switching, routing and wireless network;
- Proven IT Network Management (3-5 years) or Leadership qualities.