Develop, create, and modify general computer applications software or specialized utility programs. Analyze user needs and develop software solutions. Design software or customize software for client use with the aim of optimizing operational efficiency. May analyze and design databases within an application area, working individually or coordinating database development as part of a team. May supervise computer programmers.
Technical Consultant Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Technical Consultant to join our team.
- Delivery of a range of technical projects within the energy industry;
- Experience of ESOS at some level and be comfortable consulting on other energy/carbon/environmental legislation such as SECR;
- Managing Client’s expectations, delivering results and building long-term relationships;
- Experience of assessing the condition and efficiency of building services, industrial processes and other relevant energy consuming activities;
- Document all work and communications to a high professional standard;
- Use SQL and Excel to manipulate data with some scripting as necessary;
- Implement and support all technical aspects of data migrations;
- Liaise with client business users and IT teams to gather and assist in defining detailed requirements and functional specifications;
- Take ownership and provide an escalation path for resolving complex customer support issues as well as internal support problems;
- Ensure effective handover of the technical solution to the Service team, in conjunction with the Technical Architect and Project Manager;
- Work individually or as part of a larger project team depending on the type and scope of project;
- Undertake, where required, authorship and/or review of the technical elements of proposal documentation;
- Produce technical documentation for both internal and external use;
- Be able to follow documented processes;
- Support the presentation of technical solutions to customers, in collaboration with the Technical Architect or other colleagues.
- 2-3 years of work experience in delivering various value-based consulting projects at clients;
- Demonstrated capability in a range of BPM tools and improvement approaches;
- Monthly company picnics;
- Season Ticket Loan;
- Regular wellness and fun days;
- Installation and management of Windows desktop and server operating systems;
- Management of Citrix and/or RDS deployments;
- Cycle to work scheme;
- Strong understanding of Microsoft AD, DHCP, DNS, DFS, Profiles, Group Policy;
- Working knowledge of Hyper-V / VMware vSphere;
- Windows Server 2008 – 2016 experience;
- Pension scheme via The People’s Pension;
- Strong MS Dynamics NAV Background;
- Office365 and Exchange Online.