Sheet Metal Workers Sheet metal workers fabricate or install products that are made from thin metal sheets.
Sheet Metal Worker Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Sheet Metal Worker to join our team.
- The Sheet Metal Worker will be expected to manipulate metal to create the products;
- Confident in using machines such as saws, presses, grinders, sanders, jigsaw and drills;
- Undertake sheet metal work and fabrication in various metals;
- The ability to look at a complex sheet metalwork and effectively plan how it should be executed;
- The successful candidate must be able to maintain a safe working environment and follow all health and safety guidelines;
- Use cutting, folding and other metal forming techniques;
- This will involve hammer forming, shrinking and stretching;
- You will also be asked to finish and polish parts;
- Experience with Radan 3D and Radbend Software;
- Experience with Rad Import Software;
- Previous experience polishing and finishing fabrications;
- MIG and TIG welding to high standard on both mild and stainless steel;
- Comply with all company H&S policies;
- Setting and operating Punch Press;
- Setting and operating Press Brake.
- Need to have recent experience of manufacturing parts from sheet material to close tolerances;
- The Sheet Metal Worker will have experience with polishing and metal finishing is desirable;
- Interpret engineering documents and specification sheets, following Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) where provided;
- Familiarity with Structural & Architectural metalwork an advantage;
- The Sheet Metal Worker will have experience welding is desirable;
- The ideal candidate will be educated to a minimum of City and Guilds or the equivalent in a Manufacturing or Sheet Metal Qualification;
- Capability of working in a high volume, fast-paced manufacturing environment;
- Ability to work as part of a team to achieve departmental and business objectives;
- It is essential that the ideal candidate has substantial MIG and TIG welding experience;
- Minimum 2 years working in a similar role;
- Good communication and interpersonal skills;
- Experience working with Carbon steel and Aluminum is essential;
- Ability to work to instructions with limited supervision;
- Experience working with Carbon steel and Aluminium is essential;
- The ideal candidate will have experience of working in a Manufacturing environment.