Principal Transport Planner Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Principal Transport Planner to join our team.
- Teaching at foundation degree level;
- To procure and manage multi-disciplinary consultants and teams on a day to day basis;
- To be responsible for the management, performance and development of a team of staff,
- Greenwich, London, SE18 6HQ;
- Teaching qualification – can be ex service as a trainer;
- This opening assignment is for 6 months;
- Hours per Week: 35 Monday – Friday, normal working hours;
- Aeronautical engineering/ science background is essential;
- To project manage and deliver high profile and complex regeneration projects and initiatives;
- Resolve problems or issues to support the delivery of projects;
- Prepare high-quality technical notes and reports; e.g.: feasibility studies; Transport Assessments, Travel Plans etc;
- Engage with more senior colleagues to develop scope of work, timescales and budget expectations;
- Provide clear advice to clients and members of project teams;
- Manage small projects to quality, cost and time.
- Experience and understanding of transport modelling software such as SATURN, AIMSUN, Paramics, CUBE, EMME, VISUM, LEGION;
- Familiarity with TfL’s, NR and LUL’s model development and audit processes, and will have past experience of model development using these standards;
- Good knowledge of micro-simulation modelling software such as VISSIM, Legion, Viswalk etc;
- Membership or working towards membership of a chartered professional institution such as CIHT, TPS, CILT or ICE.