Senior / Principal Transport Planner Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Senior / Principal Transport Planner to join our team.
- Providing professional advice and support across the business;
- Estimating, pricing and delivering against work targets;
- Management of relationships with key customers, suppliers and contacts relevant to team;
- Management of projects within time, cost and quality constraints and standards.
- A working knowledge of the relevant highway standards, including the Design Manual for Roads and Bridges and the Manual for Streets;
- The ability to communicate effectively and professionally with all levels of staff and clients (both written and orally);
- Capability to work to deadlines and work autonomously when required;
- Solid technical experience, including extensive experience with relevant software e.g. LINSIG and Junctions9;
- An understanding of Microsimulation modelling software e.g VISSIM, Paramics;
- Project meetings and site visits;
- Meetings with clients and approving authorities;
- Writing technical assessment documents for planning submissions;
- Attending public consultation events;
- Travel Plans and sustainability assessments;
- Technical assessment of junction performance using a range of traffic modelling software;
- Assistance to senior staff in preparing evidence for planning appeals/public inquiries;
- General arrangement design of new junctions and accesses onto the road network;
- Planning-stage support for a variety of development schemes.