The Area Sales Manager designs and recommends sales and marketing programs and sets short- and long-term sales strategies. Manages and directs a sales force to achieve sales and profit goals within a district. Being an Area Sales Manager typically reports to a regional sales manager. Requires a bachelor’s degree in a related area. The Area Sales Manager supervises a group of primarily para-professional level staffs. May also be a level above a supervisor within high volume administrative/ production environments. Makes day-to-day decisions within or for a group/small department. Has some authority for personnel actions. Thorough knowledge of department processes. Working as an Area Sales Manager typically requires 3-5 years experience in the related area as an individual contributor.
Area Sales Manager Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Area Sales Manager to join our team.
- managing existing accounts;
- Working closely with our tender team to ensure they are fully briefed with the key features and benefits that could agree the final sales decision;
- Achieve targets and KPI’s;
- Implementing and supporting the company’s goals;
- Increase the companys sales and profitability;
- Research and identify potential clients, identify the key decision makers and qualify leads received by the team;
- To attend sales meetings, conferences and training courses when requested by the company;
- Sell technically advanced products to installers and industrial users;
- Business development, and focus on continuing to maximise distribution of products;
- Develop and deliver a call plan that coupled with agreed KPI, will drive Company sales and develop dealer relationships;
- Become a product expert through training and by researching company literature, such as brochures for product/technical information and prices;
- Ability to build relationships across all disciplines;
- Understand the dynamics of commercial supply chain from specification through to project delivery;
- Provide feedback to internal departments such as Customer Services, Marketing, Purchasing, Production and Warehouse to aid ongoing territory growth;
- Monitors orders closely and can rapidly escalate any lost order issues so as to minimise any financial loss.
- Organised, self-motivated, numerate and analytical;
- Persistent – ability to work towards longer term objectives;
- Be highly organised, this is an autonomous role. You will be expected to self-motivate and generate business opportunities;
- Identify customer needs and promote sales;
- Sales & Service driven;
- Demonstrable experience in leading a team, and budget management;
- Proficient in English, both written and spoken;
- Adept at presenting to groups of up to 100;
- Be able to demonstrate sound levels of literacy and numeracy;
- Demonstrate an understanding of marketing (including social media) and how this helps develop sales growth;
- B2B Sales;
- Experience at dealing with sales through distributors and wholesalers;
- Confident representing Octopus to clients and advisers when required;
- A proven track record in sales management;
- Practical solution seller who takes a hands-on approach and is driven to achieve results.