Plan, direct, or coordinate the actual distribution or movement of a product or service to the customer. Coordinate sales distribution by establishing sales territories, quotas, and goals and establish training programs for sales representatives. Analyze sales statistics gathered by staff to determine sales potential and inventory requirements and monitor the preferences of customers.
Sales Manager Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Sales Manager to join our team.
- Proactively prospecting new businesses for wastage services;
- Lead Generation;
- Work closely with the Commercial Director to set and deliver the sales strategy for the region;
- Demonstrate commercial acumen in negotiation, pricing and promotional strategies;
- Overseeing the Continued Professional Development (CPD) of the entire Sales team;
- You will be selling to CMO’s with an individual sales quote alongside coaching the team around what a CMO would gain from the technology;
- Put together proposals based on a clients requirement;
- Providing comprehensive training and development plans for the staff;
- Extensive experience in all aspects of customer relationship management;
- Promote new product introductions in line with the long-term strategy of the business;
- Working closely with our SVP of International Distribution to strategise expansion and to look at new markets;
- Morning Briefings (Supporting Team Leaders);
- To acquire new clients and achieve the new business sales target;
- Work closely with our National Account Manager to implement group initiatives and engage with the wider Field Sales Team.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to communicate on all levels;
- Fast Learner;
- Honest with high levels of integrity;
- Ability to work under pressure and under own initiative;
- An effective communicator with excellent presenting skills;
- Excellent IT skills and knowledge of Microsoft Packages;
- Proven track record of winning new business;
- Experience managing a team and delivering sales consistently;
- Write technical responses or assist with technical responses for bids/tenders;
- Ability to sell on non-price factors;
- High attention to detail, flexibility and the ability to work under pressure to meet targets;
- Pigging and pipeline inspection background;
- Ability to communicate and influence to an impressive level;
- Results driven and results focused;
- Positive and enthusiastic attitude along with great team and work ethic.