The Chief Risk Officer is responsible for planning and directing business analysis, risk modeling, and loss prevention programs. Oversees all aspects of an organization’s risk management function. Being a Chief Risk Officer typically reports to top management. Requires a bachelor’s degree. The Chief Risk Officer manages a business unit, division, or corporate function with major organizational impact. Establishes overall direction and strategic initiatives for the given major function or line of business. Has acquired the business acumen and leadership experience to become a top function or division head.
Chief Risk Officer Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Chief Risk Officer to join our team.
- Establishment of policies in all areas of exposure and risk appetite;
- Develop and execute the annual risk management strategy by participating in the business planning process for the organization’s strategic plan;
- Working with other members of the Executive Management Team to ensure the control environment is operating effectively to mitigate risk;
- Develop, maintain and enhance models used for capital forecasting, semi-annual scenario testing, and economical capital;
- Development, prepare and maintain input into the annual ORSA reporting;
- Develop, enhance and deliver quarterly risk limit reporting for senior management and the Board of Directors;
- Deputising fully for the existing CRO in SMF4, SMF 16 and SMF17 functions;
- Stress testing, scenario analysis and forecasting in relation to credit risk, interest rate risk, capital and liquidity adequacy;
- Delivering Operational Resilience, Regulatory change projects and approving Financial Promotions;
- Supporting the CRO in Prudential and Conduct Risk Management, providing real insight to support the business in continuous improvement;
- Preparing Board and Committee papers and presenting to those meetings where required.
- Bachelor’s Degree required; FSA strongly preferred;
- Trade Finance;