Determine and formulate policies and provide overall direction of companies or private and public sector organizations within guidelines set up by a board of directors or similar governing body. Plan, direct, or coordinate operational activities at the highest level of management with the help of subordinate executives and staff managers.
Executive Director Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Executive Director to join our team.
- Outstanding writing and presentation development skills;
- Coordinate the development of score cards and dashboards to drive sustainability performance for our brands, regions and functions;
- Bachelor’s degree in environmental science, management, sustainability required; masters’ degree preferred;
- Establish and ensure adherence to budgets, schedules, work plans and performance requirements;
- Confidence to counsel company leaders on sustainability initiatives and strategy;
- Experience communicating and marketing sustainability efforts;
- Experience with sustainability reporting efforts;
- Understanding of the sustainability landscape in global markets, such as the UK and China;
- Deep knowledge of social and environmental issues, NGO & regulatory landscape, sustainability claims and eco labels;
- Developing and directing operational plans for administrative operations, ensuring good internal communication and liaison;
- Engaging in stakeholder relationships and partnership development (with an emphasis on regional multi-agency relationships);
- Strong public speaking, networking, influencing, and media facing capabilities;
- You will direct, motivate, guide and support staff to achieve goals;
- You will lead marketing and external communications activities, guiding and supporting decision making on external strategy;
- You will also work closely with the Board to further develop and achieve its vision and potential.
- Interpersonal skills;
- Experience as a leader of educational activities in a university context;
- Experience with branding, communication and outreach in and beyond academia;
- Experience in handling financial and managerial responsibilities in a comparable context;
- Ability to lead and mentor early career faculty and students;
- An excellent understanding of the clinical translational aspects of skin immunology;
- Experience as a leader at institutional or research program level;
- Communication skills;
- Analytical Thinking;
- Report writing;
- Team-working Skills;
- Defensive Driving.