The Financial Controller establishes and maintains the organization’s overall accounting systems, procedures, and policies. Leads and directs an organization’s accounting functions. Being a Financial Controller presents findings and recommendations to management. Directs all analysis and reporting of financial information including budgets, planning, and required filings and reports. In addition, Financial Controller requires a bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance. Typically requires CPA.Typically reports to Chief Financial Officer (CFO). The Financial Controller manages a business unit, division, or corporate function with major organizational impact. Establishes overall direction and strategic initiatives for the given major function or line of business. Has acquired the business acumen and leadership experience to become a top function or division head.
Financial Controller Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Financial Controller to join our team.
- Leading the budgeting and planning processes for various projects my client is undertaking to increase their market share across the country;
- Overall responsibility for all transactional activity, banking, payroll and pension submissions;
- Preparing annual tax computations – liaising externally with tax advisors;
- Preparing group consolidation for the interim and full-year reporting in IFRS format;
- Overseeing and preparing financial statements;
- Reviewing the quarterly and annual fund accounts prepared by the administrators;
- Producing monthly management accounts and analysis;
- Create monthly reports to identify results, trends, and financial forecasts;
- Ensure that profitability of company is enhanced by robust costing framework;
- Contribute towards the production of year end accounts;
- Ensuring all group Intercompany balances agree;
- Pensions – Liaise with Pension providers to ensure appropriate contributions;
- Manage of all HMRC reporting including gift aid claims;
- Implement procedural controls for all transactions across the business;
- Ensure the environmental, health and safety, manufacturing and quality standards and procedures are adhered to.
- A thirst to work in a growing and exciting business;
- 3 – 5 years’ relevant experience with a fast-growing multi-national company;
- Experience in office communication and information systems;
- You must have experience in working in a consumer hard goods environment within a product related environment;
- Identify and act on balance sheet risks/opportunities, and any gaps in financial controls;
- Proven experience in a similar managerial position;
- Hands on experience of preparing company accounts;
- Experience in providing insightful analysis to optimise decision making;
- SQL reporting skills would also be an advantage;
- Significant experience at senior financial controller level and proven experience in direct management and supervision of a finance team;
- Ability to prioritise and cope with the demanding needs of partners and staff;
- Collaboration and communication with peers across different departments to establish the new Finance Operating Model;
- Self-management to meet deadlines;
- Excellent understanding of balance sheet analysis, credit risk, financial exposure Experience management a team within an accounting function;
- Have experience managing and running a finance function for an SME business.