Governance Officer Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Governance Officer to join our team.
- Take accurate and concise notes of board meetings when required and produce draft sets of minutes for consideration within agreed timescales;
- As well as the above you the role will be a mixed bag reporting into the Director of Legal and Governance;
- Agree dates & agenda for meetings;
- Work with senior staff across the organisation to ensure papers for meetings are collated and distributed in a timely manner;
- Contribute to the scheduling and maintenance of the annual corporate meeting planner;
- Communicate dates and times of meetings;
- Preparing Companies House filings and maintaining statutory records;
- Undertake appropriate post-meeting action to ensure implementation of decisions arising from meetings.
- Understanding of the uses of information within TPR / regulatory bodies;
- Experience of complaints management, issue resolution approaches and techniques;
- Experience of working with BSI ISO standards;
- Ability to understand the legal obligations from statute (including Pensions Acts, code of practice);
- Standard Office IT software applications;
- Experience of stakeholder management best practice and techniques;
- Background in governance and compliance approaches and processes;
- Solid understanding of FoI Act; Data Protection Act;
- Experience of risk control and process assurance.