Plan, direct, or coordinate activities in such fields as life sciences, physical sciences, mathematics, statistics, and research and development in these fields.
Laboratory Manager Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Laboratory Manager to join our team.
- To liaise with the Technical Manager on matters affecting product safety, integrity, authenticity, quality and legality;
- Communicate with other departments to ensure the effective flow of information resulting from analyses;
- Demonstrate strong and active leadership and a commitment to continuous improvement in all areas of control;
- To ensure that the laboratories comply with the company’s Health & Safety and Food Safety policies;
- To ensure the required calibration, cleaning and maintenance of laboratory equipment is carried out in line with requirements;
- To monitor laboratory supplies and consumables, raising order requisitions to ensure continuity of supply;
- Responsible for managing all aspects of the domestic cleaning staff including cleaning duties, holiday cover;
- To implement and maintain lab quality systems based on CLAS requirements and the company’s standard methods and operating procedures;
- To undertake such other reasonable tasks commensurate with the pay and responsibilities of the role that may from time to time be allocated;
- To organise laboratory team rotas and holidays to ensure enough resource always appropriate to forecasted volumes and required tasks;
- Managing Laboratory accounts with Sales and Finance;
- To implement and maintain lab quality systems based on CLAS requirements and group company’s standard methods and their operating procedures;
- Oversee the Lab Quality Assurance.
- Excellent communication, organisation and problem solving skills are essential;
- A biological degree, MSc or PhD – in Cell Biology, Biomedical Science, Molecular Biology, Applied Biology, Pharmacology,
- Hands on cell culture experience;
- Experience in a tissue or blood processing from within a HTA regulated facility would be an advantage;
- Technical food manufacturing and processing understanding;
- Organisational skills;
- Motivational and enthusiastic;
- Continuous improvement mentality;
- A logical, and analytical approach;
- To be able to show vision and have ambition to make change happen;
- Experience in analytical or microbiological laboratory experience;
- To inspire and positively influence others;
- Passionate about the success of the Company;
- Driven and determined to achieve results;
- Quality Management System experience.