Principal Electrical Engineer Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Principal Electrical Engineer to join our team.
- Undertake short term visits to a range of operating sites and geographic regional offices worldwide;
- Where required, supervise (and lead) the activities of design team to complete activities to the required technical standards and project schedule;
- Critically review the suitability and accuracy of Company technical standards and procedures and develop new ones as required;
- Be aware and evaluate the effect of new/modified legislation on plant design and performance;
- Coordinate and expedite discipline and multidisciplinary interfaces for areas of responsibility;
- Act as Lead engineer on Company projects & studies;
- Prepare man-hour estimates and planning activities for proposals and projects as required;
- Undertake the competent engineering of electrical systems in accordance with specified procedures and plans;
- Ensure all activities necessary to guarantee the design of a ‘safe’ plant are performed.
- Experience in development of power system studies and specifications;
- Degree qualified in a relevant discipline such as Electrical Engineering;
- Member of a relevant Institution, Chartered Engineering status would be advantageous;
- Experience in Concept, Basic/FEED and Detail Engineering projects for Oil&Gas (on-shore and/or off-shore);
- Technically competent in all aspects of electrical engineering (Power Generation, Distribution, Transmission).