GCMS Analyst Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a GCMS Analyst to join our team.
- The preparation, analysis, interpretation and quantification of fragrances using GC – MS/FID;
- Leading a small team within the laboratory;
- Maintaining an up to date knowledge of new fragrance ingredients & components within the market – keeping a detailed library;
- Developing analytical method development as necessary, identifying opportunities to improve runtime & quality;
- Preparation of samples may require solvent extraction techniques such as SPME arrow;
- Interpretation and quantification of fragrances using relevant software on PC;
- To provide an analysis report for the fragrance of be made in the lab;
- Analysis of samples using GCMS-FID using relevant software and instrumentation;
- Responsibility for instrumentation, general and advance maintenance and performance and trend monitoring of the instruments carried out;
- Preparation of samples for analysis on GCMS-FID;
- Analysing samples and be able to perform maintenance and trouble shooting;
- To keep up date on new fragrance ingredients/components within the market and to add these to library accordingly;
- To continuously undertake method development to help improve runtime and quality of analysis from the instrumentation;
- Ability to recognise problems and take corrective action;
- Using GCMS to identify different substances in a test sample.
- Experience of working within the flavours and fragrance industry – essential;
- Proven industry experience as a GCMS Analyst for a sufficient period of time – essential;
- Desirable to have experience using Mass Hunter software;
- Experience within leadership – desirable·Chemistry or related science degree or equivalent;
- Excellent attention to detail and be able to prioritise work to specified deadlines;
- Good communicator.