111 Call Handler – Coronavirus Calls Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a 111 Call Handler – Coronavirus Calls to join our team.
- To adhere to, and maintain an up to date, knowledge local policies and procedures;
- Dealing with a high volume of inbound calls from the public regarding the Coronavirus;
- Support the implementation of new policies and procedures as required;
- To keep accurate records of clinical enquiries to the service;
- Liaising with other agencies and healthcare providers to ensure patients are appropriately directed;
- Utilisation of communication skills in management of challenging calls and child protection concerns.
- Ability to deal effectively with difficult and stressed individuals and customers;
- Previous experience working in a medical and healthcare environment (advantageous);
- Previous customer service and administration experience (ideally gained within a healthcare environment);
- Ability to work a range of out of hours and unsocial shifts including evening, nights, weekends and Bank Holidays on a temporary full-time basis;
- The skill and ability to deal with stressful and high pressured inbound 111 emergency calls;
- Experience dealing with a high volume of inbound calls;
- Skill and experience to remain calm in crisis situations;
- Previous 111 Call Handler experience (highly desirable).