Accounts Payable Analyst analyzes accounts payable transactions to ensure compliance with internal controls and accounting policies. Maintains and reconciles accounts payable ledger and prepares management reports. Being an Accounts Payable Analyst analyzes and resolves discrepancies in billings and payments and recommends improvements to accounts payable policies and procedures. May be responsible for processing payments and responding to vendor inquiries. Additionally, Accounts Payable Analyst typically requires a bachelor’s degree in related area or equivalent. Typically reports to a supervisor or manager. The Accounts Payable Analyst occasionally directed in several aspects of the work. Gaining exposure to some of the complex tasks within the job function. To be an Accounts Payable Analyst typically requires 2 -4 years of related experience.
Accounts Payable Analyst Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Accounts Payable Analyst to join our team.
- Supplier statement reconciliations;
- Undergoing payment runs for the company – BACS and CHAPS;
- Coding and posting invoices;
- Monthly supplier reconciliations;
- Suppilier and vendor reconciliations;
- Supporting accounts payable and invoice functions;
- KPI reporting;
- Building relationships with internal contacts and external vendors;
- Adhoc tasks and duties for the wider operations and accounts teams;
- Assistance in performance monitoring and improvement;
- Reviewing and processing supplier invoices;
- Reconciling supplier payments;
- Point of contact to the wider business on all supplier related queries;
- Maintain good supplier relations including responding to supplier queries;
- Managing and verifying supplier details.
- Good communication skills;
- University degree would be preferable;
- Previous hotel experience is required;
- Extensive purchase ledger and invoicing experience;
- Preferred: Financial Services background;
- Self-sufficient but also thrives in a team environment;
- Excellent IT skills, in particular advanced Excel;
- Keen eye for detail, thinks outside the box and enjoys problem solving;
- Multi-entity experience;
- Proactive, positive, hardworking attitude;
- Previous restaurant experience;
- Minimum 2 years experience in an Accounts Payable position;
- Previous experience working within the property, hospitality or construction industry would be beneficial however not essential;
- Must have multisite experience;
- Strong communication and social skills.