The Senior HR Business Partner contributes to the development of workforce plans and has an understanding of external customer trends and issues in the industry that could potentially impact business. Provides human resources consultation and support to a designated business unit to define and execute HR strategies that enable accomplishment of business objectives. Being a Senior HR Business Partner utilizes knowledge of various human resources functions to provide tactical support to line managers. Provides guidance to convert strategies into result driven actions. In addition, Senior HR Business Partner acts as liaison with other HR functions. Provides change management support as needed. A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected. Requires a bachelor’s degree or its equivalent. Typically reports to Manager. Being a Senior HR Business Partner contributes to moderately complex aspects of a project. Work is generally independent and collaborative in nature. Working as a Senior HR Business Partner typically requires 4 to 7 years of related experience.
Senior HR Business Partner Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Senior HR Business Partner to join our team.
- Full generalist HR Business Partner responsibilities, a large focus on client relations, union negotiations and team management;
- Leading any TUPE transfers that arise;
- Overseeing a client group of 3000 staff, mostly blue collar shift workers;
- Union negotiations, relationship building and liaison in conjunction to pay, terms and conditions and procedural matters;
- International, multi-site experience having managed HR across a variety of geographies, sizes and scales;
- Experience built within a fast-paced, agile, mid-sized organisation where you’ve seen what good looks like in terms of a high growth curve;
- Support creation and deployment of HR agenda for the business;
- Being the champion of cultural change, ensuring plans are in place to make the Group values live;
- Provide coaching support to the senior operational team on Attendance management and compliance;
- Working with the HR Leadership Team to lead company-wide HR strategic objectives;
- Partner with client groups to develop and deliver strategies;
- Working with the Lead D&I and Talent Development to ensure HR policies, procedures and initiatives are fully aligned across the HR team;
- Championing health, safety and wellbeing initiatives;
- Influencing management on people issues to maximise departmental/FRC–wide delivery;
- Consult on employee communication in relation to change initiatives.
- A background in logistics/transport/B2B services or similar background and experience working with a large shift based, blue collar workforce;
- The ability to negotiate, work under pressure, present ideas and communicate effectively;
- Strong and solid HR Business Partner experience, partnering with senior level executives;
- CIPD qualified, or experience gained through previous roles;
- Talent Management;
- Be able to deliver change and performance through people;
- Human Resources;
- Employee Relations;
- Trusted Business Partner;
- The ability to collaborate as part of a team to create business change;
- CIPD qualified (desirable);
- Good knowledge of UK legislative frameworks and associated people policies/terms;
- Excellent analysis & presentation skills;
- Degree qualified or equivalent.