Training and Competency Manager Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Training and Competency Manager to join our team.
- Ensure users of the facility are adequately educated and trained according to legal, industry, and company best practice;
- Line manage technical trainers and oversee training in the facility;
- Provide support to other Named Persons of the facility (including HOLC, NACWO, NVS);
- Setting the standards for training and supervision, leading on training trainers and assessors to ensure the overall quality of service delivered;
- Contributing to inducting new starters into the Facility;
- Providing advice on training staff should complete in order to gain the licence they are working towards;
- Analysing the training needs of the business to deliver a training portfolio, linking users and staff with specialist trainers as required.
- ASRU EU Module 1, 10, 50;
- IAT Membership or equivalent qualification and experience;
- Knowledge of GLP, HSE, and COSHH regulations is desirable;
- Current or previous holder of a Home Office Personal Licence;
- Proven experience as a trainer/assessor is essential, being an accredited assessor under ASPA is desirable;
- Detailed knowledge of the Animals (Scientific Procedures) Act and relevant sections of the guidance;
- Knowledge of husbandry needs of mice and of common experimental procedures.